Business Analyst - International Monetary Fund, United States, Deadline: January-01-2012
Business Analyst (Job Number: 1000935)
We are seeking Business Analysts for the Technology and general Services Department. The Business Analyst provides leadership in the application of technology to achieve business outcomes. Persons in this position are expected to understand business processes and how enabling technologies can be applied to achieve business objectives. The Business Analyst has the ability to synthesize inputs from many sources, and to bridge the relationship between business and technology units. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are as important as technical skills in this internal consulting role.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
· Identifying opportunities to enhance business unit performance by utilizing knowledge of business priorities, conducting business process analysis, and applying knowledge of technology tools and applications.
· Developing the business case to convince business unit stakeholders to adopt new work practices and technologies.
· Overseeing or conducting the collection, documentation, analysis and communication of business and functional requirements, and ensuring understanding by technical team members.
· Working with business and technical teams to evaluate and select technical solutions, possibly overseeing or participating in the development of prototypes or proofs of concept; conducting presentations and facilitating discussions with users.
· Participating in the preparation of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals for technology solutions.
· Overseeing or assisting in development of business case for change, including cost/benefit analysis and risks and feasibility studies.
· Participating in the design, selection, testing, and implementation of solutions.
· Serve as subject matter expert.
· Coordinating the quality assurance and testing process.
· Assessing user training needs, participating in the development and review of user documentation, and coordinating the development and delivery of user technical support and training.
· Reviewing or participating in the development of implementation plans for new applications and work practices, including plans to manage transition to new work practices and applications.
· Monitoring and analyzing end user satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
· Marketing IT services to business units by: educating customers on the value of IT services and how they meet business unit objectives; communicating technology strategies and plans; and promoting understanding of IT roles, processes and activities.
· Identifying, documenting and analyzing opportunities to improve business processes, and facilitating business unit adoption of new processes.
· Gathering, analyzing, and documenting business objectives and functional requirements.
· Developing business architecture and designs.
· Supervising more junior staff or outsourced service providers.
· Familiarity with a broad range of technologies supplemented by in-depth knowledge in specific areas of relevance.
· Ability to quickly grasp how new technologies work and how they might be applied to achieve business goals.
· Analytical skills that enable synthesis of inputs from many sources, and allow for strategic thinking and tactical implementation.
· Interpersonal skills that create openness and trust among colleagues.
· Facilitation and conflict management skills that enable effective working relationships.
· Spoken and written communications that are compelling, convincing and reassuring, and can articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
Advanced university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, business or related field of study or equivalent, plus a minimum of four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field of study plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, is required.
This vacancy announcement is for pipeline building purposes. We will subsequently select candidates for vacancies expected during 2011 from this pipeline.
See original posting at Click here
Business Analyst - International Monetary Fund, United States, Deadline: January-01-2012 Reviewed by KHMER-INSIDER on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 Rating: